On 1/14/2010 8:40 AM, Dave Watts wrote:
> I don't have any insight on what it is, but trying to start it as an
> application rather than having it start up by itself might show the
> sysop what's going on.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> http://training.figleaf.com/

Thanks Dave, I'll try and remember that trick if the server miss-behaves
again in the near future.  When the sysop finally got in after a morning
doctor's appointment, he found that ColdFusion was apparently not
running.  Issuing a normal start seemed to fire it right up and all CFML
pages responded normally.

When we started to look at the logs to see if we could quickly get a
sense of when and possible why ColdFusion and stopped, we just started
turning up a bunch of strangeness.  At that point we bailed as this
server is just not important enough to spend any real brain power or man
hours.