Here's some ammo for you if the debate suddenly goes "unmoot."

ZDNet recently did comparisons of various scripting languages
running on Linux and Win platforms. They compared performance,
breadth of the API, etc.

ColdFusion won hands down, even winning ZDNet's pick over ASP
on Win machines.

http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/linux/0,12249,2646052,00.html

Hope this helps.

I've come across this situations like Kelly's before. Everyone has
their "pet" tool, and usually it's the result of them being familiar with
that particular tool and unfamiliar with others. Even though I
obviously prefer CF, I like to stay open-minded enough that I don't
try to argue that CF is the only tool for a job.

There are several good middleware tools out there (and a few
terrible ones--does anyone remember Lasso?), and the truth is that
almost any of them can be used to create a great site. But in most
cases there really isn't much reason to make a major switch
between one or the other except for developer preference or
stubborn-headedness as seems to apply in Kelly's case.

Charles Mohnike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PHP. We
> > > do
> need
> > > some other strengths in our department for those clients
who don't
> > > want
> us
> > > to host their application or don't have cf on their server,
but, he
> wants
> > > complete switch.  Here is a glimpse into his last email:
> > >
> > > "It could be argued that both technologies have their
strengths and
> > > weaknesses. However, in the corporate IT department,
CF is usually