Unfortunately I know exactly what you are talking about. You aren't using
Rob Gonda's sql.cfc by chance?

http://sqlcfc.riaforge.org/

That is where we ran into it. It was truly a phantom bug as in we could
*never* replicate it. It happened randomly and if you refreshed the page
after you got the error it would fix itself. It seems that CF has some
bizzaro bug with arrays.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22The+error+occurred+on+line+-1%22++bug+coldfusion&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS324US324&ie=UTF-8

We never did get to bottom of it, we just ended up scrapping sql.cfc and
generated the queries to replace the ones that were being handled by sql.cfc

I wish I had better news for you. Good Luck and God Speed.

G!