No, Phillip.  I have been busy all year, but i dug up projects of my
own.  What i am concerned about is the apparent lack of activity on
the part of anyone to get new ColdFusion sites up and going, while
most of us can point to CF sites that have gone to other technologies.

Go ahead.  Bash me. if it amuses you. Bash away. But it doesnt change
the problem.  Its ignoring the problem I'm trying so hard to point
out.   We're all so scared to say that Adobe arent doing much because
we might be labelled one of the "ColdFusion is dead" crew  that it's
just being neglected.  At least that's how it seems to me, and there
is NO ONE who has made any effort to tell me I'm wrong about that.

Look I know the signs.  I spent more than 20 years in Sales
Management,  Sales to Government (state and Federal departments) and
major accounts sales.  I know what major sales activity looks like.
And I havent seen any.  I could easily be wrong because I dont mix in
those circles any more.    I have a son in product management in the
biggest IT distributor in Australia.   He also says there is no
apparent activity happening in ColdFusion that they can see.   He also
could easily be wrong about ColdFusion because he also might be
talking to people who wouldnt know about CF.

I'm not asking for anyone to reveal projects that are delicate and
might fall over.  I'm not asking anyone to reveal confidential
information.  But surely there is SOMETHING someone can point to that
says Adobe are promoting ColdFusion in Australia.  Where is the trade
show presentation?   What about a booth at a .Net conference?   Any
presentations at Adobe gatherings?   What about when Adobe had the
presentations to potential customers last year,    was anything said
about ColdFusion then?   I didnt see anything mentioned about CF on
the agenda so I didnt go.  I had a living to earn.   Any ads placed?
Any mailouts done?  Any brochures printed?  Did anyone actually make a
phone call to any potential new CF customer?

Or have they decided to spend their efforts on development tools and
IDEs and just let the server product manage itself?

All I know is what I see with my own eyes.  And for daring to speak
about it,  I'm getting slammed as one of the "ColdFusion is dead"
people.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month