On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Judah McAuley <ju...@wiredotter.com> wrote:
> Well, yes and no. Adobe did have a decent user group system but then
> they consolidated them and it all changed. We had a Portland CF
> Usergroup but then it got changed by Adobe to a PDX RIA group and most
> all of the content and discussion is around Flash and Flex.

That was *not* done by Adobe - it was done by the UG manager.

A lot of CFUGs are being asked to cover non-CF topics - it happens in
my three local groups too. Attendees want a broader range of topics.
That broader range attracts more developers (non-CF developers) and so
the group does better.

If you want your local CFUG to stay CF-focused, you need to encourage
CFers to actually *attend* :)

Look at this:

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e2olvoj6g4ek9zt3/results

Over a third of respondents *never* attend a UG meeting and nearly 20%
only attend one a year! No wonder CFUGs are struggling - developers
are not supporting them!
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies US -- http://getrailo.com/