Before I start messing with it, can someone tell me if the imap.cfc at

 http://www.opensourcecf.com/CFOpenMail/imapcfc_view.cfm

is the latest version and works OK on CF8?

Has anyone some sample implementation code I can look at?

Perhaps more to the point, would this work?:

Client wants to file emails by a job reference number.

User sends out a SMTP email from CF app with this number automatically
included in the subject and/or body.

Sent email is copied to an auto-generated IMAP folder based on ref. no.

Recipient replies, mail comes into IMAP inbox.

CF looks at this inbox from time to time, and moves recognized emails to
the appropriate IMAP folder based on ref. no. or to an 'unallocated'
folder for items to be dealt with manually.

Once the job is complete, folder is moved to an archive folder.

Advantages:

Keeps all emails (received & sent) pertaining to a job in one place, off
the CF server.

Everything accessible from anywhere using ordinary email clients.

Disadvantages:

This is an enterprise app, would 1000 or so active job folders be
totally unmanageable?

Tech problems achieving this?

Thanks!

Richard