Paul -

I figured out how to do this by browsing/asking the Google Maps forums...
But essentially you need to extend the bounds of the map to include all your
markers.  A rough sketch would be:  (My markers have tabs... but you should
get the point..)

First -setup the bounds:

      // ==== It is necessary to make a setCenter call of some description
before adding markers ====
      // ==== At this point we dont know the real values ====
      map.setCenter(new GLatLng(0,0),0);

      // ===== Start with an empty GLatLngBounds object =====
      var bounds = new GLatLngBounds();

Then for every Marker - extend the bounds to include the point:

      var point = new GLatLng(#ThisLat#,#ThisLong#);
      var marker = createMarker(point,
                                                                "homeIcon",
                                                                "Your
Location",

"<strong>Your Location</strong>",
                                                                "This is
the<br>location You Entered.",
                                                                "Nothing",
                                                                "Address",
                                                                "Special")
      map.addOverlay(marker);
            // ==== Each time a point is found, extent the bounds auto
include it =====
            bounds.extend(point);

When all points are made - Set Bounds:

          // ===== determine the zoom level from the bounds =====
          map.setZoom(map.getBoundsZoomLevel(bounds));

          // ===== determine the centre from the bounds ======
          map.setCenter(bounds.getCenter());

- Nick