> > I am having an issue displaying my error message whenever my code
> throws an error. It makes an HTTP request using GET to
> > access some XML, and if the status code is not 200 OK, then it
> should catch that and display the error message. While the
> > request is being preformed, there is a "transition" page being
> displayed to the user. The error-handling works, as I have used
> > Fiddler to verify the error and message, but the error content does
> not show up in the browser. I am using ColdFusion MX7. Here
> > is the code:
> >
> > <pre>
> > <cftry>
> >    <cfhttp url="#searchurl#" method="GET">
> >        <cfhttpparam type="Header" name="Accept-Encoding"
> value="deflate;q=0" />
> >        <cfif cfhttp.statusCode IS NOT "200 OK" >
> >          <cfthrow type="Any" detail="XML not returned" message="XML
> not returned" />
> >        </cfif>
> >    </cfhttp>
> >    <cfcatch type="Any">
> >         <h1 id='error_title'>The search encountered error(s)</h1>
> >     </cfcatch>
> > </cftry>
> > </pre>
>
> The variable CFHTTP.statusCode isn't available until after your
> CFHTTP
> tag. You're using it within that tag.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> http://training.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on
> GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> instruction
at

Thanks, Dave. I fixed the code per your suggestion, but did not get a different
result. I can still see the messages in Fiddler, even a ColdFusion error(I
know, not good), but all the browser displays is the transition page. I think
THAT is the real problem. Although the script throws errors, this page is still
showing, and there is no event to load the page throwing the error. Does that
make sense?