From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:mdino...@houseoffusion.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:35 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: query passed by value from a udf?

It's not a question of circumvention, just of understanding how things
operate under the covers. If a statement is made in the docs that "any
variables local to a UDF are destroyed when the UDF is exited", where
does it leave things like the query in my example. Either it is not
destroyed, and a reference to the query is passed or it is destroyed
and a copy (ala the duplicate() function) is passed. Dave holds by the
former.

Unless I hear from someone who's gone deeper into ColdFusion's
internal memory management, I'm going to assume Dave is basically
right.

How about Railo? Gert, want to chime in?

Thanks

--
Michael Dinowitz