Quick question-- I swear I've Googled the crap out of this and for the
life of me I can't get a definitive answer.

We have two domains.
www.oursite.com
www.ourcdn.com

We have a SWF player hosted at www.oursite.com which loads mp3s (among
other things) from www.ourcdn.com.
www.ourcdn.com does NOT have a crossdomain.xml policy file.

Most of our users have no issues with the flash player loading the
"off-site" content.  Several people however report an error that I
assume is Flash refusing to load the off-site content due to the lack of
a cross domain policy.

The obvious answer here is I need to create a crossdomain.xml file on
www.ourcdn.com that specifies www.oursite.com as a valid location that
can load its content via flash.

However, in the name of curiosity, I would like to figure out which of
my users are affected and why.

Can anyone tell me what the default behavior of flash 7, 8, 9, 10, etc
is if there is no cross domain policy _on_ the server hosting the
content?  Does it deny by default or allow?  Based on what I am seeing,
I assume some versions allow by default, while others deny but for the
life of me I can't find conclusive documentation for all versions of
Flash that compares their behavior.  All I can find of the Internet is
eleventy-billion how-to's on creating a policy new.  (thanks but I
already know how)

Thanks.

~Brad