I have been trying to do something similar, except I want to automaticly
convert an mp3 file to a streaming Windows Media file.  Technicly speaking,
you should be able to use Microsoft's Windows Media Encoder (available at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/default.asp
[choose Windows Media Services 4.1 for Windows NT 4 (sp4)]) to do what you
ask by using the COM objects associated with it.  Unfortunately, MS only
provides examples using VB, so I've had a devil of a time getting it to work
... but in theory you should be able to convert your files to streaming media
on the fly.

Todd Ashworth