I don't think there's really *any* IDE that I think is worth $300 currently,
since there are really good free and low-cost options available.

I'm not a coder who would benefit from all the functionality that
CFBuilder (or CFEclipse, for that matter) offers, since I don't need
the "high-end" functionality that some coders on this list would
benefit from.

But I, like others, was quite shocked when the price tag for a plug-in
was revealed as $300, same as Dreamweaver.

Perhaps it really should be $300 if it took 40% of your "resources"
(whatever that is...hours of work?...development budget?) to get the
product out.  And how much income does "1/30th that of ColdFusion Server"
represent?  And I wonder how long it took Mark Drew to write CFEclipse
as a "part-time" project apart from his day job?  One part-time coder
versus 40% of Adobe's "resources".  Adobe took what...a year and a half
to get CFBuilder created as a plug-in, with Eclipse already existing as
a foundation and CFEclipse as a reference model?  (Maybe the coders took
longer than they should)

It would definitely put things into proper perspective to know what
Adobe's investment in monetary terms has been as compared to projected
revenue.  But Adobe doesn't have to justify anything to me, as Dave Watts
has pointed out.

They do, however, have to enable me to justify spending the money on
a product that's offered.

Just one thing that would have probably caused me to purchase
CFB...inclusion
of state-sustaining, manual code folding.  But that's just something I
personally
have desired...doesn't seem to be a desired feature for many others.  That
functionality, alone, is worth $300 to me to increase my productivity in
navigating increasingly complex and lengthy pages.  I would pay $300 to get
that functionality added to CFEclipse...and I probably will at some point.
I'd code it myself if I had a clue of how to do it.

Thanks for listening...

Rick