> Got a form with some hidden fields, that gets passed to an https page. This
> has been up and running and working for several years. Very very
> occasionally the form scope that is passed is empty. Does anyone have any
> ideas how this could happen. I have a user who is insisting they clicked the
> button (submitted the form). Interestingly, the cgi.referer is blank too.
> Could MacAfee security centre cause this behaviour? Or a proxy server? Their
> browser is IE8. I've tried to recreate this behaviour but without any joy.

There are lots of things that could cause problems like these. I'd
have the user in question try alternatives - disabling McAfee, using a
different browser, etc, and see what data you receive when they
attempt these alternatives using the getHttpRequestData function,
which will basically capture the raw data being received by CF.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.