An ecommerce site that I work on sometimes does eBay auctions.  They
want the winning bidder to be able to go to their site, plug in their name
and auction number, have a script go out to ebay and grab the
auction info and create an order for the person.

 I did some plugging around eBay in hopes that they actually encourage
this sort of thing and I could grab the data via wddx.  I found what I
was expecting to find, which was nothing.

 I told the client that the first thing we would have to do was
de-construct the eBay URLs so that we would be able to create a URL
directly to the auction page.  This could take hours, or weeks, or be
completely hopeless.  I haven't looked at eBay from a 'how do they do
it' standpoint.  Once we have the URL I can grab the page, via CFHTTP,
and parse it out to get the necesarry information.

  Has anyone had any experience with this or know of any sites that
perform similiar actions?  In the past hasn't eBay tried to block 3rd
party 'auction search' programs that automatically search their site
for auctions?  Wouldn't an attempt at deconstructing their URL's border
on hacking?

--
Jeff Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781