> I have created a cfc with a function that can sucessfully be called from a
> cfinvoke from within my intranet.  In the invoke i have to
> give it a method and input attributes.  method calls the function and input
> is the string sent through (xml in this case).  The
> question is how/what do i tell my potentional webservice users how to send to
> the cfc so that the function is called and the string
> is seen and read?  currently i invoke to a "xmltest.cfc?wdsl" with the method
> and input attributes.  Do they add to the url string?  I
> am a bit confused how this works from a diverse systems point of view.

CF web services use SOAP. This makes things very easy. All you have to
do is give them the WSDL URL. Their SOAP client toolkit will figure
everything else out for them. No additional URL parameters or anything
like that.

This assumes, of course, that you're not doing anything in your web
service that generic SOAP clients can't understand, like using query
objects.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or o