Hey Guys/Gurls:

I am trying to do some server side validation for a phone number, but I am running
into an odd problem.  I split the phone number entry form into three textboxes the
first one for area code (ie must be 3 numbers) and then the two parts of the phone
number (ie must be 3 numbers and then must be 4 numbers).  I check to make sure the
length of each textbox is correct and then I try to check if they are numeric, however
it will throw an error.

My code looks something like this:

<cfif not IsNumeric("attributes.custPhone1") or not IsNumeric("attributes.custPhone2")
or not IsNumeric("attributes.custPhone3")>
    <cfset attributes.error = attributes.error & "Please enter a valid phone
number.<br>">
</cfif>

The strange part is that when I take out the not IsNumeric() statements for the first
two form variables it works fine.  Ideas???

-Greg