We have a site that is primarily static in nature and uses a custom tag for
wrapping header and footer content.  None of the pages are indexed in a
database, some are called in via cfincludes and a very few are called via AJAX.

We would like to create an search engine to find and display up-to-date content
from the main sections of our site - obviously we wouldn't want cfcs, udfs,
etc. to be displayed.  All we would want is the static content, PDFs, MS files,
etc.

Is it possible to use Google Search to achieve this or are we better off using
Verity?Solr?  From some of the posts I've read, there seems to be issues with
Verity in displaying content, speed, lack of documentation / how-to's, etc.

This seems like a fairly standard type of task.  Any suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks