Carey,

I'm not positive of this, but I think you're only option is to move to a
different host. Most shared environments would have this restriction,
but a VPS solution would have the necessary sandbox.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Community Professional - ColdFusion
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Co-Author of "Learning Ext JS"
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js/book
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com