On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM, bill turner
<bill.tur...@selectcomfort.com> wrote:
> we are migrating to both cf9 and coldbox. we have not used any framework
> previously. when i look at the coldbox site, it appears that version 3 is the
> one to go with. however, since this is not yet an official release, i have
> concerns. does anyone have experience with it? is it stable enough for prod?
> i think we'd be okay if there are changes, just not okay if it isn't stable.
> any experiences or advice welcome!

I'm working on a large ColdBox site that will go live on 3.0.0 M4. We
started on a pre-alpha of 3.0.0 because we needed several features
specific to the 3.0.0 release and it was a bit of a bumpy ride through
the various releases but it has stabilized dramatically with M4 and M5
and a lot of bugs have been found and eliminated as part of the long
lead time and plenty of public testing of milestone releases.

Most people have found the M-builds to be plenty stable enough for
production. My particular project has really pushed the limits of the
new features and architecture in 3.0.0 so our experience has been
rougher than anyone else - based on comments on the ColdBox mailing
list (which I strongly recommend you join!) - but that's also helped
improve a lot of the features in 3.0.0. All the concerns I had during
the beta / M2 / M3 period have been addressed.

We may go to M5 for launch but Luis commented that a few things
changed between M4 and M5 that may break our apps so it will depend on
how much time we feel we have for testing M5 prior to launch.
Post-launch, we'll definitely move to a later milestone release or the
gold release when it comes out.

(and FWIW we're deploying on Railo but we're keeping a close eye on
code compatibility with CF9)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/