Hi folks!

I'd like to serve up some CFML from a mapping, without using JRun or
its connector.

This works fine in Railo, but for CF9 (and below), I can only
cfinclude stuff that doesn't actually exist in the WAR directory (vs.
browsing directly to it).

A bit more depth:

There's a mapping for /tests, but no cfusion.war/tests folder.  I
browse to localhost/tests/index.cfm.  I get "cannot find template...".

>From cfusion.war/folderexists/index.cfm, I can cfinclude
/tests/index.cfm, but that bypasses the /tests/Application.cfc.

If I create a folder in cfusion.war/tests, and put stuff in there,
ColdFusion is happy.

There are various tricks I've used in the past to get around this
problem, but none of them are a general solution.  Specific solutions
are easy to cobble together, but this needs to be general, and as
hack-free as possible (read: no changes to target source code).

The best idea I've come up with so far is a servlet filter that just
copies resources (if they've changed) into the cfusion.war directory,
plain ditching the mapping.
Since I only need to do this stuff while developing, the overhead of
doing that is OK... but there has *got* to be a better way.

Come to think of it, I haven't updated my cf9 cfusion.war in a while,
perhaps a hotfix made this magically work!  Doubtful, be I.

Anyone have any ideas?

To make it a little easier, using the UrlRewriteFilter, I can call
java classes on resources-- meaning, if someone knows of something
like coldfusion.runtime.Template.run("path/to/cfml/file") which takes
Application.cf[c|m] into consideration, that would work fine.

Perhaps there is no elegant way of doing what I want.

Creating another context would work, but I don't want a WEB-INF folder
in with my sources, either.

It's a conundrum.  :)

:Den

--
Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the
guidance of another.