> Is it possible that my cf-application, when viewed from an Android based
> mobile client device, can pick up coordinates from the
> A-GPS featured in most Android based smart phones?

Yes, this is certainly possible, as the Google search web app does
this in Android. However, I don't really know how it does this
exactly. Your best bet to see this would be to install the Android
SDK, run the emulator, and pull up the Google Search screen while
recording traffic using Wireshark or something like that.

> I would expect that your Android App would be able to send out the GPS coords
> in the request to your server. Then you should be
> able to use that for whatever you need in your CF app.

Well, that's a different question than the original poster app, but
that's also true. Native Android apps written in Java have full access
to all the device APIs, as far as I can tell.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.