Thanks Steve, I needed another opinion to convice me... :)

-----Original Message-----
From: DURETTE, STEVEN J (ATTASIAIT) [mailto:sd1...@att.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:40 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: CF & Domain Redirects

Che,

Technically it isn't totally another site. When you create it you set it as
a redirect. No folders will be created etc.  However, this is the most
efficient because IIS handles it before it tries to open any files, etc. If
you have URLScan running (which it should be) it doesn't even get called
until after the redirect. Using any other method would cause IIS to process
the URLScan, plus any other internal processing, then your cf page,
redirect, process URLScan for where you redirected, any other internal
processing, then the new cf page.

With the re-direct in IIS it would go: Redirect, URLScan, internal
processing, final cf page.

This was simplified of course. The redirect is in the domain of the web
server not the application server. Let the appropriate software handle the
appropriate jobs.

Steve