Hello all,

I am having an issue where I have created a Book CFC that is taking way too
long to cfinvoke.   I had to convert it to a cffunction to get the permformance
I needed.  The cfc lived in the directory of the template path being used for
the cfinvoke, so I assumed that was a relatively efficient way to do it?   What
can I look at that would affect the component invoking speed ?  Is there any
way not to have to cfinvoke so many times, and cache/reuse the component
structure in mem and just put the current data in it (and not cfinvoke alot ) ?
 I am not explicity tearing down the structures, just doing cfinvokes in loops
with new book isbn's etc.  I am a cfcomponent newbie, so be gentle..  :)  I
would really not have to use functions, and be able to make calls to this
remotely, but I am at a loss where to change it.   It performs fine as a
function, just not as a component.   Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob