I think the size of the query and structure would be an important
factor, as well as how many loop iterations are done. Often I lean
towards using structures if I need to look up data frequently because
the syntax is cleaner. There is also the array method of accessing
queries like query.column[row], which might help with something.
Whatever you are trying to do might have other solutions as well, such
as keeping track of items as they are encountered using separate
variables.

QoQ doesn't have the reputation of being fast, although neither does
turning a query into another data type. Turning a query into another
data type also increases the RAM usage since data is stored twice.

Either way, my guess would be that the difference in speed would be
unnoticeable to the end user, so it might come down to personal
preference and ease of maintenance.

-Mike Chabot