I support several developers and I recently installed a 2008 R2 server with CF8
on it.  I realize my question is very vague and barely a question.  I am
picking at threads.

CFSERVER service is running under admin since they require access to data
across network.  No question the user has more rights than it should have but
that is not the issue presently.

The issue is that processes that they ran previously under Windows 2003 R2 are
not running under 2008 R2.  These are processes that include batch files for
the most part.

The batch files work just fine outside of CF.

I only want to know if it is possible to run Batch files within CF8 when
running on W2k8 R2.  If it is what changes if any must be made to get them to
work.

Additionally they are having issues with Custom Tags  (CFX Tags C++).  Of
course this is so generic since they did not even tell me which tags are
causing the problems.

Are custom tags very popular in CF 8 and Cf 9?  I recall when checking out
Railo that they do not even support custom tags because so few people require
them.  Is this a fact and if so what would be used in their place?

Any basic advice on how to handle CF 8.01 under 2008 R2 when there are batch
files being run is appreciated.  This is purely a maintenance site used
internally at the office.   The batch files are run and CF does all the
database work and sets up the scripts.  It is a very nice and fully automated
system when working.

Any IDEAS are appreciated.  As you can likely tell I am not a CF programmer.

Thanks

Doug