I am trying once again to setup the servers panel in ColdFusion
Builder and I am still running into configuration issues.

I have ColdFusion 9.0.1 installed in a multiserver configuration such
that the default server is 'cfusion' on HTTP port 8300 and the JRun
admin server is 'admin' on HTTP port 8000 / JNDI port 2910.  It is setup
with IIS 7.5 such that the default web site (c:\inetpub\wwwroot) is the
home for ColdFusion 9 and contains the CFIDE directory.

Then, I had the ColdFusion 8 installer create an EAR file which was
deployed as a new instance through the ColdFusion 9 Instance Manager.
This new instance is named 'cfusion8' and is on port HTTP 8301.  Under
IIS 7, I have two web sites representing different projects.  I used the
Web Configuration tool to connect the cfusion8 instance to each of these
sites and then manually added a virtual directory called 'CFIDE' which
points to 'C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion8\cfusion.ear\cfusion.war\CFIDE'.

Now, in CFBuilder, I have created a new server to represent the
ColdFusion 9 instance (cfusion).  In the server settings, the
application server is 'JRun', the host name is [machine name], and the
webserver port is 8300.  I have tried the machine name, localhost, and
ip address for the host and it does not make any difference.

I added the RDS username and password and enabled SSL.  On the remote
server settings tab, the naming port is 2910 and the CF Admin / JRun
admin username and password are entered with the document root as
'C:\inetpub\wwwroot'.  Then I click Finish to close the wizard.

At this point, I can right click on the server in the servers panel and
attempt to start it, but I shortly get a message in the console saying
that the server is not responsive.  If I open the JRun management
console, I can see that the cfusion server has started, but apparently
CF Builder does not think so.

Moving on to the ColdFusion 8 server, I attempt to create a new server
in the servers panel.  The server settings are all the same with the
exception that the webserver port is now 8301.  On the remote server
settings, all of the settings are the same until I get down to the
document root.  I have tried using
'C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion8\cfusion.ear\cfusion.war' and I have tried
creating a dummy wwwroot folder and pointing to that.  After clicking
next, I get the 'install extensions' window.  It is not clear what paths
to enter here as there is no "default website" for the ColdFusion 8 server.

Has anybody been able to successfully set this up?  Is there a problem
in my multiserver installation or a problem with what I am doing in
CFBuilder?

Thanks
-- Jeff

--
Jeff Chastain

http://www.admentus.com
http://ams.admentus.com

Admentus is a custom web based solutions provider, delivering
business software applications, systems integration, strategic
consulting, and ColdFusion application maintenance services
which allow our clients to grow their business and plan for
the future.