As an ISP, it isn't self-blacklisting that is the issue; if we get crap
from other servers, depending on the situation, we may blacklist
immediately.  Once those limits are hit, you won't be getting mail here,
legitimate or otherwise.  AOL, Yahoo, MSN, etc. all have similar
technologies deployed.  Having your own server doesn't matter.  It's the
IP address that is blocked, and while as an ISP I appreciate a client
only risking their own server rather than ours, there is still a lot of
work involved when that happens (complaints, etc.).

That kind of volume we would require that it be farmed out to a
specialty company that deals with very large lists.

--Ben

--

Ben Conner            b...@webworldinc.com
Web World, Inc.       888-206-6486