On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Mike Chabot <mcha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Most people don't realize that when you send a parameterized query
> using cfquery to SQL Server, what happens behind the scenes is that
> ColdFusion creates a temporary stored procedure on the server, then
> executes that temporary stored procedure.

Er, can you provide proof of that? I don't think that's the case...

Behind the scenes, the Java API for JDBC is used to create a prepared
SQL statement which is then executed. I don't believe any of the JDBC
drivers actually create SPs for running queries (it certainly doesn't
do so on MySQL - and ColdFusion is using the same pure JDBC code for
all datasource types so it would have to be the SQL Server JDBC driver
creating SPs if anything is doing it...).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood