> hi guys,
>
> now before i get the use a dedicated vps response, i am fully aware a
> shared hosting account isn't going to be as solid as a vps...
>
> however, hostek.com... we are getting "cannot read response from
> server" errors multiple times a day across several websites. the
> queries involved are very simple, querying small recordsets. the db is
> mysql.
>
> has anyone else who use hostek.com experienced increased downtime
> lately?
>
> mike

Mike,
I think the problems you encountered were related to some MySQL connection
pooling we added for a few servers, which caused a connection problem on a
specific MySQL server, which has been corrected.  If you're still having a
problem with a site or sites, please contact support and have them get with me
about your issue.

Brian A
Hostek.com