> 1.  I did the little registry trick to enable 2 copies of
> CF Studio to run at the same time, so I could run CF Studio
> and JRun Studio at the same time. Now, every time I click on
> a cfml page to open it, it opens a new copy of CF Studio.
> Is there a way to make it load up into an already running
> copy?

Yes, there is - change the registry back! I don't know of another way.

You might consider merging registry changes, if you want to keep changing
things back and forth. You can export the old and new registry key values to
separate text files, save them with a .reg extension, and double-click on
them to merge the changes into the registry.

> 2.  I have an application where I want users to log into a
> portion of it only from a certain machine. That machine has
> a dynamic IP address. The application is hosted on our servers.
> Can anyone think of a way where I can make sure that the users
> only log in from the desired machine?

This is a good use for client certificates. You can set up the virtual
server with an SSL certificate, and configure that virtual server to require
client certificates. You could then check the info within the client
certificate in your code to make sure that it's from the right machine.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444