Jon,

I use a bit of very simple JavaScript to change the button name. Here's
an example:

 <INPUT TYPE="Button" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Submit"
onClick="if(this.value == 'Submit') this.form.submit(); this.value =
'Please Wait.';">

If the user clicks on the submit button, the script tests to make sure
that the button is labelled Submit, if so it changes the button's label
to Please Wait, and then continues with the submit, otherwise it does
nothing. In other words if the button is labeled "Please Wait" it
doesn't submit the form.

hth,

larry

--