I recently interviewed for a contract job with the Human Development Reports
division of the United Nations. They are using ColdFusion.  The front end is
HTML, but they use AJAX to hit ColdFusion servers to populate content and data.
Government at many levels uses ColdFusion. (Yes, I know, citing that Government
does it that way is usually not a good thing, but ColdFusion makes programers
for the Government more efficient.)  I know that many colleges and Universities
are using ColdFusion.

A major portion of the Real Estate industry runs on ColdFusion. One of the
largest MLS search engine providers is 100% ColdFusion. Literally serving up
millions of requests per day from 4 servers.  Literally thousands of broker and
agent websites rely on this ColdFusion service for their businesses.

ColdFusion is easy to learn
ColdFusion allows you to rapidly build complex applications
ColdFusion can scale, does scale and has scaled to meet your traffic needs
ColdFusion allows you to be flexible. Meaning you can have a pure html/ajax
front end served by ColdFusion, or a Flex front end, or mobile app. All powered
by the same ColdFusion backend.

ColdFusion provides your application with Rapid Flexible Power!

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator

Wil Genovese Consulting