That's exactly what I was looking for Ray. So the $.ajaxSetup() method
handles the errors and redirects expired session. I knew there was a way to
do this outside of my ajax requests but wasn't sure if I needed to create a
proxy method or otherwise. Also, I noticed that you are expecting a string
"SessionTimeout" which is exactly what I am doing, just not in the same
place (hence asking for some advice since I am duplicating this all over the
place). So this leaves me with another thought about passing the error back
to the client. If a ColdFusion error occurs, I would really like to have a
structure to work with but how would you identify that it indeed is a server
error? I would want an indicator and a structure at the same time....or
maybe you can advise this as well?

Thanks for that snippet.