Paul --

FYI, I've seen the same thing happen enough times (4.0, 4.1, 4.5, haven't tried any of
the 4.5 SP's yet) to know it's a
real bug -- you're not imagining it.  :-)  Don't have the foggiest idea what makes the
scheduler "stick".  Cycling
(stopping, starting) the App Server and the Executive usually seems to fix it, though
occasionally I've had to cycle them
more than once to finally get the scheduler to start running scheduled jobs again.

Most of the time the scheduler works fine.  I've seen it run for three months without
a hiccup (finally had to cycle the
system for other reasons), but sometimes it just sticks, and boy is it irritating to
try to get it going again.

Sometimes I wonder whether it's having some screwy interaction with my backup package
(Veritas Backup Exec Enterprise
Edition), but I've never had the time, knowledge, or patience to investigate it.  All
I've done is to cycle it until it
starts working again.

Again, I have no idea whether 4.5SP1 or SP2 might fix it.

Good luck!

-- Larry Afrin
   Med. Univ. of S.C.
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]