Meh, the syntax is nearly identical between the different options. It would
take anyone with half a brain all of about an hour to switch the rewrite
rules over from apache to IIS or vice versa.
Sure it's personal preference I guess but I generally try to use the right
tool for the job. Data processing is best left to databases. URL rewriting
is best left to the server. And ColdFusion server can be left to serve out
ColdFusion pages.

In a pinch you can use a pair of pantyhose to keep your alternator working.
Then you go buy a serpentine belt the first chance you get.