Well I can tell you right off the bat that this:
<cfloop query ="ProdCatDESC">
 <cfoutput query="ProdCatDESC" >
 #ProductCategoryDescShort#, #ProductCategoryID#
 </cfoutput>

<snip>

</cfloop>

Is not helping.  You are asking it to loop over the query and then for every
single iteration of the loop, process the entire query in the cfoutput.

Change it to:

<cfloop query ="ProdCatDESC">
<cfoutput>
#ProductCategoryDescShort#, #ProductCategoryID#<br>
</cfoutput>

And I am willing to bet that you will see a tremendous improvement in
performance.

DC