Actually, I think what you need to read up on is how to "Browse Next N records".  In
Ben Forta's ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit (version 4.0) it takes Ben
about 8 pages of text to describe how this works.  Does your book have that same
tutorial?  Does anyone have a tutorial on the web for this?

To summarize, what you need to do is pass the record staring points and maxrows counts
between each search results view.  The counts are based upon the total number of
records in the results set and the max number of records per page.

---mark
Mark Warrick
Phone: (714) 547-5386
Efax.com Fax: (801) 730-7289