Bueller? Bueller?

I have everything set up in the administrator, but nothing ever comes through.
When looking at the socket-gateway.log I spy the following:

error attempting to listen on socket: java.net.socketException: socket closed

I find this odd because when I review the ports in windows, 1070 specifically
says "listening". This entry is logged whenever I start and stop the gateway
instance in the ColdFusion administrator. The STATUS in the ColdFusion
administrator says "RUNNING". Nothing ever shows up in the IN and OUT columns
in the administrator.

What can I do to ensure that the socket is opened, even though Windows insists
that it is listening?