Dave... you are feeling quite verbose for a Saturday. Can I assume your team
is losing or it's cold and rainy?  :)

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:06 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Parsing/Processing a SOAP package

> Here's the situation:
> I use a cfinvoke to call a SOAP web service, and it's stored in a
variable.

> I do the following to store the results into a variable:
> <cfset resultXML = xmlParse(trim(temp1))>
>
> When I cfdump it, it gives me a nice structure diagram - <cfdump
var="#resultXML#">

> But I am having problems accessing the nodes to the data.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/12436...@n00/5021117632/
>
> Here is a pic of the dump.  Data is in the User nodes, but I just edited
it out. ;-)

> Any ideas on how to access is appreciated.

Yikes! What's with everyone trying to parse raw XML from web services
lately?

The point of using CFINVOKE is to return native variables (arrays,
structures, objects) from remote programs. You're not supposed to
parse the raw SOAP XML response.

Maybe you should post your CFINVOKE code and the code that uses the results.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite