At work we use AccuRev, which is expensive, and flawed, but on the
whole really great. It has a stream inheritance model that means
changes in an earlier release stream automatically flow to later
releases unless there are changes to the same file there already. Also
has integrated issue tracking, good change tracking, decent merging (I
hear great things about the Mercurial and Git merge process, no
experience so I can't compare).

For personal stuff I use Visual SVN Server now, used to use manually
installed and configured SVN. Visual SVN is amazingly quick and simple
to get running, and just works.

Dave