Hey gang -

Got a quandary here. We're working on a order placement system. The plan is to keep a
running status of the order in a client variable, stored in WDDX. Top of each page,
deserialize the packet, add/adjust the contents of the resulting structure based on
the previous form's content, reserialize into the client variable.

We're running Oracle - and apparently Oracle has a 4k character limit on fields. So
getting just a few items into this structure/packet (lots of info per item) is making
us hit this upper character limit, and the thing bombs.

Suggestions? Any way to get around that limit on Oracle? A couple of ideas we've
batted around are using an application variable to store this stuff temporarily and
nuking it once the order is placed, or using the file system to read/write to a file
instead of a client variable.

--Scott