Just to say it, I too had lots of trouble with CFB, and while I liked
some things about CFEclipse before that, its bloat and bugginess
bummed me out (Eclipse more than CFE).

But now I'm a happy camper, using IntelliJ IDEA with its CFML plugin.
No, it's not perfect by any means, but it's just a really *smart* IDE,
with tons of convenience and productivity features, handles many
languages, and CFML support is getting better and better. I'm enjoying
it more than any other editor I've used, and I've been doing this a
long time.

Couple things to note if you're thinking about giving it a try:

- If you're on a Mac, my understanding is that it's butt-ugly out of
the box. Try the GTK+ Appearance setting (says Mark Mandel; I don't
have a mac).

- To start a new CF project, choose a Java project, cancel out of
scanning for java files, and uncheck the box to create a source
directory. One of the things they need to work on is making starting a
new CF project more intuitive for newcomers.

- The CFML plugin requires the Ultimate version of IDEA, won't work
with the free Community version. It's about $250, with a free 30 day
trial. I live in my IDE all day and sometimes a good hunk of the
evening too, so I'm OK with that.

</soapbox>

Dave