Depending on how much you like Report Builder, you can always come up with a
main template (header footer, etc) then a series (different data positions)
of sub-reports (just the details really) and allow the users to select which
'layout' they want to use, and what data goes where.  Then it is just a
matter of having the data in the correct spot when calling the CFR.  I have
worked this into a few sites for 'custom' Reporting.

Cheers,

Rob