On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Tony Bentley wrote:

> So I have an app that uses cflogin, which works great if the user logs in and
> out from the same browser. Now here is where I am stumped:
>
> -User logs in, then closes the browser
> -System does not allow the same user to be logged in more than once
> -System logs all logged in users
> -System removes user from log onSessionEnd()
>
> How can I remove the user from the log when they close the browser?

I think the best you can do is invalidate their previous session when
they try to log in again.

So they can still only be logged in once, but it's the current session
that is the "master", and the old session is discarded/invalidated.

Due to the nature of sessions, this is the best you can do.  A thread
on Ben's blog goes into a lot of depth about it.

Probably the first hit on google:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=expiring+cookies+when+browser+closes+coldfusion&l=1

(enable javascript to see the nifty typing action)

:)

:Den

--
A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it
from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.