The simplest way to do this is use cfhttp to download the file from S3. You
can lock the files on S3 using simple authentication and use the username
and password attributes for chttp.

You can also use the Amazon S3 REST Wrapper
http://amazons3.riaforge.org/or one of the other libraries  from
RIAForge.org. I have use the S3 Wrapper
before and it works well. But IIRC the S3 wrapper uses cfhttp to talk to S3.

HTH