> I know all about CreateObject's security risks from a hosting perspective,
> but I've never heard of an issue with CFCONTENT (I'm not doubting you, I'm
> just curious what the issues are.)

It can be used to download any file that the CF service has permission
to access, including sensitive Windows files (assuming you're on
Windows). By default, on Windows the CF service runs as SYSTEM, which
has practically unrestricted access to everything. Even if CF is
configured to use a less-privileged user account (as it should be as a
matter of course) that user account will certainly have permission to
read any files used by, say, other hosting clients.

My assumption is that CFCONTENT can be sandboxed, but again I'm no
expert on sandboxing.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.