Here is a quick example of dynamic variable usage.

<cfset listVarNames = "foo,bar,dynamic,variables,rule">

<cfloop list="#listVarNames#" index="i">
        <cfset "#i#DynamicVars" = "#i#DynamicVars">
        <cfoutput>#Evaluate(i & "DynamicVars")#</cfoutput>
</cfloop>

r>#variablesDynamicVars#<br>#ruleDynamicVars#</cfoutput>

OUTPUTS:

fooDynamicVars barDynamicVars dynamicDynamicVars variablesDynamicVars
ruleDynamicVars
fooDynamicVars
barDynamicVars
dynamicDynamicVars
variablesDynamicVars
ruleDynamicVars

Thats all it takes. (sneaky ehh?:)

There are a few "rules" if you will about your dynamic variables
and the names they can have numbers, letters and underscores.

You must start a variable with a letter.

CF Interprets upper and lower case to be the same
, no case sensitivity.

Well, that's a quick and dirty version of the rules for using
dynamic variables (and cf variables in general)

You cant really "assign" a value to a coldfusion function, CF
does nto grock that. If what your trying to do did not fit into
the rules I just mentioned you probably can't do it :)

:-) BTW, if you find the cfset line confusing replace it with

<cfset "#i#DynamicVars" = "Just a plain ole string going into my dynamic
variable">

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.