Matt,

I googled on "sql server noise words" and found this link:

http://arcanecode.com/2008/05/29/creating-and-customizing-noise-words-in-sql-server-2005-full-text-search/

I followed the directions and found the noise lookup file being used by SQL
Server 2005 on my computer, and confirmed that "my" is in the list.  If you
need "my" to be included in your searches, you could remove it from your list.
However, if you ever migrate SQL to another server, you'll have to remember to
update the noise list on that server.

HTH,
Carl