> I have two Solaris Unix web servers.  Each of these servers have a dozen
> and a half Apache web sites each one connected to one of five ColdFusion
> instances.
>
> All, but *TWO* of them are working properly.  We created two new Apache
> web sites and connected them to a new ColdFusion instance.  This worked
> fine on one of our boxes, the development one, but not on the other,
> production of course.
>
> Whenever we try to request a cfm url from one of these sites on the
> production server we get a 500 Internal Server Error.  HTML pages serve
> up just fine, and the new instance's Administrator runs fine on its 8305
> port.  So both Apache and ColdFusion seem to be working independently,
> but they are not talking to each other.  All the other Apache sites
> connected to the other four ColdFusion instances also work properly.
>
> This has led me to investigate the web server connectors.  They have
> always been tricky and problematic to set up on these boxes.  The built
> in tools have never worked for us on these boxes and we have always had
> to manually compile the connectors and configure the connections in the
> web sites..
>
> But, as far as I can tell, all the connection setups are the same
> between working examples and these non-working sites.
>
> Any insights into what else I should be checking and|or how web server
> connectors actually work (they have alwasy been mysterious black boxes
> to me) would be greatly appreciated.

In the directory in which the connector modules are installed, there
should also be a text file. You should be able to enable the log level
from this text file.

That said, my guess would be that this is a permissions issue -
perhaps the user context of Apache (and thus the connector which runs
inline with Apache) doesn't allow execute access to the .cfm files in
those sites.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or