Wow.  Thanks Russ.  That wasn't exactly what was wrong, but you put the
solution right in front of me.  :)

(I guess now would be a good time to mention that this is actually a
Railo/Tomcat/IIS install?  Oops...forgot that in my original post.)
In the Tomcat web.xml file there was a section for servlet mappings.
Among the entries there, I found this:

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>GlobalCFMLServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/index.cfm/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

So, I said to myself, "Hey, that looks like it wants to process a
cgi.path_info variable.  I wonder what happens if I add an entry like
that for page.cfm?"  Once I did that and bounced Tomcat, it all worked
correctly.  So, thank you for helping me find the answer.  I didn't
realize this was a Tomcat issue, I would have sworn up and down that the
error I was getting was from IIS.  Oh well, seems like I've got some
Tomcat/IIS issues to figure out.  I'll pester the Railo list of that.  :)

Thanks,

Eric Cobb
ECAR Technologies, LLC
http://www.ecartech.com